Just a little quickie.

I'm 64 today!

Freda reckons that she does "still need me" and she will "still feed me" even though "I'm 64". It's just as well, really, as I'm not prepared to try to break a new wife in at my time of life. Got lovely cards from Mother and Sister and B-I-L, plus emails from and sms's from other family members, all well received. It won't be long now before I can thank them all in person.

I thought that you might like to see the cake which our current (newly wed) guests kindly got for me:


Underneath all that fancywork, there's a chocolate cake. We had some with a cuppa this afternoon, and it tastes as good as it looks! The guests are busy having a meal cooked by Mrs Adam, fish for the groom and kofta for the bride, I've told them that if they finish all their food, then I might let them experience a small piece of birthday cake each for their pudding, we've got a little cream to go with it, yummy!!!!

Here's the tray with their evening meal on it, as delivered:

What do you think, could you manage some cake after getting that lot down? It's a tall order, methinks.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you Edward wish we had known would of sent a card but I hear that not all mail gets through save us some lovely cake and thank you guests from us for being so kind .and congratulations on there honey moon.xxsandra mickxx

    ReplyDelete