S.S. Sudan comes to Our Luxor!

Yes folks, we've "acquired" an item of furniture from the ultra famous Nile Steamer the S.S. Sudan. It will take a bit of work from a kindly carpenter in order to bring it back to its former glory, but we've got it, and we're keeping it. So there!
Friends here in Luxor are insanely jealous, what do you think?



Click on the picture to make it bigger.

It's quite a while since I was on the Sudan, but I'm certain that these seats were in either the "Telephone Room" or the "Reading Room". We are so excited!
For those of you who haven't seen, or don't know anything about the Sudan one version of the boat's history can be found on the following link:-

http://www.steam-ship-sudan.com/en/welcome-aboard.asp

I purposely said "one version", as I have also seen written (somewhere) that the boat was built on the Clyde in the 1920's!!!

Here's another link to a picture of our seat whilst it was still in situ in the bar of the Sudan (so much for my memory):-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldtoblue/416752996/

When I have found a carpenter who has the slightest intention of doing what I actually want, I'll post another picture or two of the fininshed article.

No comments:

Post a Comment