I had a strange telephone conversation recently. "Hello Edward, what would be the English term for mougoff? My wife says it would be the 'bus depot, what do you think?" "Well," says I, "the 'bus depot is where the 'buses actually live, but my limited understanding of Arabic leads me to believe that mougoff is the 'bus station, or terminus, or both." "Thanks," said the caller, "so the big mini-bus place that they've just built on the West bank should be called the Luxor Bus Station?" "No, not really, as it's only for the West Bank 'buses, I would suggest Luxor West Bank Bus Station would be the best" I replied.
The result of the conversation is there for all to see. I'm so glad that I've had a bit of input on the Governor's modernisation programme, even this unofficial one which is so small. lol.


Click on the picture to make it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment