And now, for something completely different!

Good evening and welcome, as our famous friend David Frost used to say.

I'm just sitting here on my livingroom sofa, looking out at the gloriously illuminated mountains on the West Bank, where the lights have obviously been cleaned, or something, in readiness for the expected invasion of foreign dignitaries for the soon to be inauguration of the newly renovated ancient Kebash Road from Karnak Temple all the way to Luxor Temple. This was supposed to be today 4th November, but seeing as El Sisi and many of the other foreign VIP's were travelling to Glasgow for the waste of time Climate Conference (I only say 'waste of time' because China have recently increased coal production to [or was it by?] 1 million tons per day to fire their power stations!) No smoke without fire?

It's been postponed till Heaven knows when! But they're currently using most of the power from their National Grid to practice the laser lighting extravaganza every evening. Seeing as we've only just now got our WiFi working (no, not my Mojo, for any blues fans, I hope that comes along later!) I thought I'd send you this little teaser, Dear Reader. I hope it makes you insanely jealous, and gets you booking your flights straight away! Have a look at this:


I'm sorry about those poxy buildings in the way of the best shot possible, perhaps if our Premium Bonds come up we'll buy them all and have them pulled down; eh?

By for now, but I will be back, insh'Allah.


3 comments:

  1. MISS LUXOR HAD RATHER AN UNHA.MISS YOU BOTH




    HOPE YOU 2 ARE KEEPING OK. I HAVE HAD BAD TIME AS MICK DIED LAST YEAR DONT THINK I WILL BE COMING ANY MORE ANYWAY LOVE TO YOU BOTH AND LUXOR XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lovely Sandra!
    I cannot express how pleased we were to hear from you after all these years. Although we were also very sad to hear your awful news about Dear Mick, we both hope that his death was an easy one, for both of your sakes.
    Please send us an email to ourluxor@yahoo.co.uk so that we can have a proper catch-up.
    Much love,
    Edward and Freda. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your reply thank you so much Mick the had cancer then cemo for a few months they said they got it but it got his lung and heart then one morn he said get the ambulance and he died that night i am lost with out him. i have been in and out of hospital for the last 5 years.The dr said i cant fly no more so i miss luxor very much.I talk to Ali on internet face book.Any way passed my bed time you both take care .xxx

    ReplyDelete