As I've said many a time, "It's no good being poor and looking poor!

We were moved to our proper room when our original booking date (Saturday) arrived. They knew exactly which suite to give us, as there is a set of shelving in the small office which was obviously designed to accommodate a serious collection of melodeons. If only I'd realised, I could have brought the lot, instead of a solitary1 Row!


I have to say that the suite is palatial. It's bigger than our flat in Luxor, and also bigger than our home in Windy Nook! Would you like a look around, Dear Reader? I'm sure that my beloved took a video. (Actually, she now tells me that she took 4, so that they might load more quickly.) What do you think, Dear Reader, have we fallen on our feet yet again, or what?





I wondered about these new lights in the floor towards the bar, as they seemed to be running off-centre! 


But then realised that they were reflections from these beautiful chandeliers:

It's always worth staying in the best quality places that your finances can stretch to, Dear Reader. At the Cataract, they even had something which we at "Our Luxor" hadn't even envisaged:


No, Dear Reader, not the trousers, but the double electrical socket which they've craftily concealed in the wardrobe, just in case you're passing by and feel the sudden need for some instant electricity! I was also rather taken aback when spying this in the room:

For a moment, I thought we'd travelled back in time to the sixties, and Rediffusion TV! (For those who aren't English; Rediffusion was a company providing TV signals, via a hard-wired cable network; every customer had one of these [or something VERY like it] on their window sill, for changing TV channels.) But his turned out to be a volume switch in the bathroom, for the TV or Bose radio and music system, which I didn't have a clue how to work, so left well alone!

We're struggling on here, making do with room service meals, as we cannot be bothered to go to the fabulous and famous '1902 Restaurant' in the old building. (We found it more conducive to slouch, in our oversized bathrobes, in front of one of the giant sized TV sets, watching junk movies from the USA.)

We've got some food on its way just now, so I'll say "Au revoir." until next time. Mind you, it's so nice here, that when our Premium Bonds come up, I think we should start to winter at the Old Cataract in Aswan!

No comments:

Post a Comment